How Much Does a RAM 1500 Weigh?
The RAM 1500 is known for its robust performance and impressive capabilities, but how much does a RAM 1500 weigh around Devine? For the 2021 model year, the RAM 1500 ranges from 4,798 pounds to 5,372 pounds unloaded. Its Gross Vehicle Weight Rating clocks in between 6,800 pounds and 7,100 pounds. Find out all about the engineering behind the RAM 1500 weight with Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, and get behind the wheel in Devine.
Curb Weight vs. GVWR
Before asking, “How much does a RAM 1500 weigh?”, it’s important to know the difference between the curb weight and GVWR. The curb weight of the vehicle is the weight of the RAM 1500 on the curb – without passengers, equipment, towing weight, or anything else. The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is the maximum weight that the RAM 1500 can handle while loaded up with passengers, cargo, and everything else.
2021 RAM 1500 Curb Weight
The 2021 RAM 1500 weight capacity starts with an ultra-durable steel and aluminum foundation. And though this truck is capable and powerful, it also delivers surprising fuel capacity for your Castroville travels. Compare the curb weights by trim below:
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,798 pounds and 5,227 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,891 pounds and 5,160 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,891 pounds and 5,232 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 4,971 pounds and 5,374 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn: Between 4,903 pounds and 5,232 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 4,903 pounds and 5,232 pounds
2021 RAM Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
The RAM 1500 gross vehicle weight rating varies a small amount depending on which configuration you choose, including cabin style and bed lengths. Here are the ranges that you can expect on each trim level:
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 pounds and 7,100 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn: 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 pounds
2021 RAM 1500 Towing Features
The 2021 RAM 1500 offers a towing capacity up to 12,750 pounds on the Uvalde roads, thanks to its rock-solid construction and next-level technology including:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
For more specific RAM 1500 models and features, take a look at the exclusive RAM 1500 Special Editions with Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram.
Find Out More with Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
Whether you have questions about the RAM 1500 weight or you’re ready to get behind the wheel, contact us at Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram for more information. You can also browse our new RAM inventory online or stop by our showroom in Devine, to see our trucks in person.
More from Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
If you’re looking for a brand new Jeep SUV with best-in-class towing and cutting-edge technology, you can’t do much better than the Grand Wagoneer at Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. This state-of-the-art new vehicle comes in four different trim levels, so you’re guaranteed to find a model that suits your driving style and budget! View New Grand…
There are seven high-end new Jeep Grand Cherokee trim levels to choose from at Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. Whether you’re looking for a masterful off-roading machine or a model with a ferocious engine, the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee configurations are guaranteed to offer the performance you need. This year’s Grand Cherokee also comes with available two- and three-row-…
There’s a reason why Devine drivers love the RAM 1500. When the towing gets tough, the tough gets towing. And there’s no more dependable, capable, and powerful lineup of trucks than the ones produced by RAM. But, how much can the RAM 1500 tow for the current model year? The 2022 RAM 1500 towing…