How Much Can the 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
Drivers shopping for a new full-size pickup around Devine are always asking, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” Properly equipped, the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds, receiving a Best-in-Class V8 Engine towing capacity. Explore the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity, towing features, and performance with Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram! Then, check out our new vehicle specials to ensure you’re getting the lowest price in Devine!
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
The available 2020 RAM 1500 engines are partnered with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. With several engine options to choose from, the RAM 1500 offers a range of performance capabilities to drivers navigating Castroville roadways. Here’s a quick look at the 2020 RAM 1500 engine specs, including towing capacity:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine: Produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: Produces up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque with a towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine: Produces the same figures shown above, but increases towing capacity to 12,750 pounds for tough jobs in Uvalde.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: Produces up to 260 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque with a towing capacity of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in its class!
Depending on the configuration, the 2020 RAM 1500 payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds. To stay updated on the advancements of the 2021 RAM 1500 towing capacity, visit Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram.
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Features
To maximize the 2020 RAM 1500’s towing capacity, this light-duty pickup doesn’t rely on engine power alone. To get the most stability and performance out of your RAM 1500, these towing features allow you to easily tow a camper or other equipment through Uvalde. Explore the 2020 RAM 1500 towing features below:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Working in tandem with the RAM 1500’s eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission earns up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system monitors your blind zones and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: With a 60/40 split gate, this available tailgate offers multiple ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
For a more heavy-duty model, explore the RAM 3500 towing capacity when you visit Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram.
Explore the 2020 RAM 1500 at Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram!
Now that you know how much the 2020 RAM 1500 can tow, contact us to schedule a test drive at Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram! Compare the RAM 1500 performance capabilities with RAM 2500 and see in person how the RAM 1500 is first in its class. Need financing? Apply online and get pre-qualified today!
Recent News From Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
The 2022 Grand Wagoneer is impressing more and more Devine drivers every day with its powerful performance, bold stylings, and mighty Grand Wagoneer towing capacity. Just how much can a Grand Wagoneer tow? Jeep has outdone itself by designing a powerhouse SUV with thrilling performance specs and an available Best-in-Class towing capacity that reaches up…
Need more passenger room than the Jeep Grand Cherokee affords? You are in luck with the upgraded Jeep Grand Cherokee L interior. All the superior craftsmanship a Jeep has to offer with a third row seating to bring the whole family together. Let our team guide you through the features of the Jeep Grand Cherokee…
If you’re scouring Devine car market for a reliable Jeep SUV, then look no further than the brand 2021 Jeep Cherokee! This cutting-edge SUV is outfitted with a wide range of interior amenities and performance features across all of its nine Jeep Cherokee configurations, including Jeep Cherokee 4X4 options, to provide you the ideal cruise…